Potoo is a startup project belongs to Potoo LLC which I founded with two of my friends in UMASS Boston. Potoo is a geolocation based social network application which allows users to share their thoughts freely and anonymously. I worked in both client and server side in this project.
- Implementation of Potoo client side Android app.
- Implementation of Potoo server side NodeJS (Express framework) in AWS.
- Design and implementation of Potoo database in MongoDB.
- Design and implementation of Potoo backend system with one workload balancer that distributes client requests in a robin round manner to two physically separate web servers, and three database that back up each other.
AD Detection is a computer vision application that possesses the ability to identify advertisements on a given page and identify the brand/content within an ad.
This has a variety of uses for the business, from testing viewability to monitoring competitor behavior.
Beside Machine Learning and Deep Learning, this project involves Distributed Computing (Spark, Hadoop, HDFS), Cloud Computing (AWS EC2 and EMR), Parallel Computing (Parallel Python), and Computer Vision (Scikit-image). started this project from scratch, my contributions are shown below.
- Data collection: I wrote a python script to crawl source code and to screenshot each of the top visited website (10,000) provided by our client COMSCORE using Phantom JS and Selenium. To speed up the process, I implemented it in a parallel computing manner using Parallel Python.
- Image processing: I implemented a program in python to process, filter and compress images using Scikit-images, Numpy, and Scipy.
- Data mining: I designed and implemented dimension reduction, feature extraction and clustering algorithms for a distributed computing environment using Spark ML.
- Deep mining: I designed and built a semi supervised deep nets using Theano to handle image multi classification problem.
- imPro: It is a web application that I implemented to handle different modules (Image processing, dimension reduction and clustering) of this project in one place. ImPro is able to handle several operations at the same time in a multi-tasking manner. ImPro is deployed in the Amazon cloud (AWS). I used Django as backend server and for frontend I used AngularJS.
AppMall is a web based multi-platform applications management system. It is a trademark that belongs to OpenMobile World Wide, Inc. I was responsible to implement the TIZEN API for AppMall Manager which manages applications in Tizen app store. It is designed for internal usage within OpenMobile World Wide, Inc.
I did a full stack implementation in this project:
- Implementation of Django backend in AWS.
- Integration of legacy MySQL database into Django.
- Writing web automation python scripts in the backend using Selenium to manage applications in Tizen app store.
- Implementation of one page fully responsive website in the frontend using AngularJS and Bootstrap.
ACL Tizen is a Tizen Native App which allows android applications to be run on Tizen mobile operating system. It is a trademark that belongs to OpenMobile World Wide, Inc.
BlueChat is a chatting Android app that allows users to chat without wifi or any mobile data connectivity. Just turn on your bluetooth and start chatting! With P2P mode, BlueChat is able to propagate your message further extending communication past the bluetooth range boundary.
BlueChat is an ongoing open project, originally called BlueMessenger. The next version will update the whole app UI, and will support emojis.
Music Store is an academic project of CS636 'Database Application Development' offered in University of Massachusetts Boston. It consists of implementing a complete online music store system. The implementation is done using three layers architecture (Presentation layer: jsp, html. Logical layer: java. And database layer: mysql.).
- Implementation of Music Store backend system.
- Implementation of Music Store frontend system.
BitC stands for Body in the Cloud which is an ongoing research project. BitC is a cloud integrated eHealthCare monitoring System with optimization engine running in the background.
BitC provides a whole solution for medical professionals for monitoring patient's health status remotely in real time.